GeneSys offers robust-developed sensors, influenced and made possible by our longtime experience
The measured quantities are:
- tilt (static)
- tilt / attitude (dynamic)
- displacement (laser optic)
- azimuth (short-term using a gyro or long-term via gyro-compass)
Furthermore, we are working on alternative control strategies for the guiding machines, e.g. fuzzy control.
Sensors & systems for construction machines
Click scrolls to the selected option
ELS: laser target board with CAN-Bus
The ELS laser target board is used for guiding tunneling machines. With the help of this laser target, the height and lateral offset of the machine to the guide laser beam can be measured over long distances. In addition, the course angle, the longitudinal inclination and the roll of the TBM are precisely measured. The machine operator has control over the machine at all times. The ELS is equipped with an additional CAN bus interface.
- Tunnelling Machines
- Usable with all current tunnel lasers
- Thorough development of the extensively tested laser target
- Precise heading angle measurement
- High precision inclination measurement; stable across the entire temperature range
- TTY or CAN-Bus serial interface
- Robust, watertight IP68 metal housing with quick-change mount
- Improved laser light sensitivity for long distances
ELS-FCE: Autopilot for tunnel boring machines
The ELS-FCE fuzzy controller is used to automatically control the direction of a tunnel boring machine. Since the controlled system is difficult or impossible to model (geology from the point of view of the tunneling machine), a completely alternative approach was chosen for the control algorithm.
The method used is based on fuzzy logic. This means that the machine’s control movements can even be calculated for sheet pressing. The knowledge of experienced machine operators has also been incorporated into the development of the controller.
The technology is particularly suitable for regulating manually controlled processes (e.g. automatic vehicle control).
- independent of geological properties and size of machine
- controller inputs are orientation angles and position deviation
- simple adaptation of controller response through software download
- suitable for all current microtunneling machines
The fuzzy controller is used exclusively at Herrenknecht AG. The mode of action can be transferred to other applications.
MWD-Compass: Searching for the north while moving
Due to the use of modern fiber-optic gyroscopes, the MWD Compass registers the earth’s rate of rotation, e.g. process in spite of shocks and vibration.
There are no mechanically driven parts in the unit. Therefore the heading can be acquired during the pipe jacking process in addition to the roll and longitudinal inclination: Measurement While Drilling. The device can also be used and adapted for other applications.
- Underground construction (tunneling, mining, etc.)
- Guidance of construction machines
- High precision north finding measurement due to three fiber-optic gyroscopes
- After settling time, the heading can be read out continuously
- Determination of absolute position and attitude in 3D-coordinates
- Waterproff housing IP 68
LPS & LPS-T: laser position sensor
Laser-guided alignment and positioning: The Laser Position Sensor LPS detects the position of an incident laser beam. This allows height and lateral offset to the laser beam to be measured over long distances. This position data enables, for instance, the guidance or alignment of vehicles and machines over a distance of several hundred meters.
There is also a version available with implemented 2-axis tilt sensor: LPS-T.
- Road finishing machines and graders
- Automated lawn mowers
- Automated guided vehicles
- Autonomous cleaning machines
- Detection of settling
- Detection of structural changes
- Large active measuring area of 120 x 80 mm
- Suppression of ambient light
- Choose you required serial interface: RS232, TTY or 4 – 20 mA analogue output
- Robust, watertight IP 65 metal housing with wall mounting flange
- Vibration-free and shock resistant operation over long distances
- 2-axis tilt sensor ± 20° optional: LPS-T